Old Lion Cottage is a charming holiday home located in the picturesque village of Thurne, in the heart of the Norfolk Broads National Park. Dating from the mid 19th century, the cottage oozes country charm and is part of a small terraced row of similar cottages with views out over open countryside to the front and rear. The location is ideal for exploring the Broads, with birdwatching, cycling, fishing and excellent walks all on the door step and the beautiful sandy beaches of the Norfolk coast are only a short drive away. There is a good pub within 200 yards, the Lion Inn, that offers meals and a wide range of beers, wines and spirits.
The cottage has been sympathetically restored and is well-equipped and comfortable, ideal for a relaxing self catering holiday and your dogs can come too*. Modern amenities include a well equipped kitchen, a cosy sitting room with a wood burner for chilly nights, central heating plus wi-fi broadband. The two bedrooms are comfortably furnished and provide wonderful views over fields at the front and overlooking the garden and the marshes to the rear of the property. The enclosed garden includes two furnished patio areas with a BBQ and two areas laid to lawn. At the rear of the property there is gated access to an off-road parking space.
Cosy and comfortably furnished living room with two sofas, coffee table, TV, catch-up TV, DVD player with selection of DVD’s, CD player/DAB/FM/internet radio with Spotify Connect, books, games. Dining area with table and chairs to seat 4. Secure, enclosed porch with radiator and coat rack for drying outerwear and boots.
Well equipped kitchen with electric hob and oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine, Nespresso coffee maker, pans and utensils and ample cupboard space. Table and chairs to seat 2. High chair available. Ironing board and iron. Two fans for hot weather.
Bedroom 1 with a king-size bed, chest of drawers, clothes hangers on rack, bedside tables and lamps. Window looking over open fields at front of property.
Bedroom 2 with twin beds, chest of drawers, wardrobe, bedside cabinet. Window looking over back garden, River Thurne and marshes to rear of property
Bathroom with bath, over-bath mixer shower, washbasin and wc. Mirror. Ladder shelving. Hairdryer. Shaving socket.
- Garden: Enclosed garden with lawn, patio areas with garden furniture and BBQ. Rotary washing line.
- Parking: Designated off-road parking for one vehicle at rear of property.
- Heating: O.F.C.H. and wood burner, starter pack of fuel included. On demand hot water.
- Also Provided: All household linens and towels. Welcome pack. Wi-Fi Internet.
1. * One or two small/medium well-behaved dogs welcome subject to our booking policy regarding pets - please see our rental terms & conditions for details.
2. This is a non smoking property.
3. Security Deposit £150 (refundable within 7 days subject to booking terms and conditions).
4. The neighbouring cottage has a pedestrian right of access across the garden.
5. Mobile reception - variable.